Information We Collect.
We collect both personal and non-personal information from you when communicating or interacting with you through twilinge.com or our stores. When we use the phrase 'personal information' we mean any information that we can use to identify, locate, or contact you, for example, information that you provide to us such as your name, address, age, gender, telephone number, email address, payment information (including your credit or debit card number), and/or photos or video footage of you.
How Information Is Collected.
By Asking. On our Website, we may ask you to give us information. If you want to sign up for our mailing list, we will ask for your email, mobile number, or mailing address. If you sign up for our sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, we will ask for information such as your name, email address, location, mailing address and phone number. If you are selected as a winner in one of our sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, depending on the nature of the promotion and value of the prize awarded, we may ask for additional personal information including, without limitation, your age and social security number (for tax-reporting purposes).
When You Provide it to Us: We may also collect personal information from you directly when you provide it to us, for example, when you request products or services from us, respond to surveys, apply for a job, register for an online account, create a 'Wish List', leave a product review, contact us with a comment, question or complaint, subscribe to our email newsletter or other communications from us or manage your preferences with us, or otherwise interact with us. We also collect customer information like your name, credit or debit card information, phone number, mailing address, email address, and billing address when you request that merchandise be sent to you or others, make purchases or returns with us, place an order with us online, or request an e-receipt.
Social Media. If you use Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or another social media site to sign up for one of our promotions, we may collect the information that you submit through the applicable social media site. When you 'like' us on Facebook or other social media sites, we will also collect your information from Facebook, such as your name and email address. Remember that if you submit information through Facebook or similar social media or third party sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies and information you share might be seen by the general public.
Web Beacons. We also use web beacons, which let us count and recognize users who visit our Website. This lets us see if you respond to emails that we sent to you by clicking on a link in the email, so we can know whether the emails we send are effective. If you don't want web beacons in the email, you can turn off HTML display of the email.
IP Address. When you visit our Website, we also collect and save the Internet Protocol address of the device you are using, like whether you are using a personal computer or a mobile device.
Geo-location. Geo-location technology refers to technology that lets us determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide precise location information on our Website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically use information from your web server or computer to determine general location information, such as the city in which you live.
What We Do With Your Information and Your Choices
When you provide us with your name, email address, and mailing address, we may add your information to our mailing list, and we may send you emails and mailings announcing product information, promotional events, or updates to our Website. If you give us your birth date, we may also send you a special gift on your birthday by email or postal mail. If you don't want to get anymore emails or mailings, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address or postal address.
From time to time, our Website hosts sweepstakes, contests and other promotions, and we may let you submit your information electronically. If we do this, we will use the information you provide to conduct the promotion. We may also send you marketing communications and other information and materials you have chosen to receive regarding our merchandise, services, promotions or special events.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information in the following ways.
- Sharing Your Information With Other Companies. We may share name and address information with other companies that offer similar products. If you are on our mailing list and would prefer not to have your name shared with other companies, email email@example.com and ask that your name not be shared.
- Sharing Your Information With Service Providers. We may share your information with companies or individuals that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping us to provide services that you request, to create or maintain our databases, to research and analyze the people who request products, services, or information from us, to prepare and distribute communications, to respond to inquiries, or to process payments.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we think may be unlawful. For example, we may provide information to law enforcement agencies if we believe that you have violated our polices, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of twilinge, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted By Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with government entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Business Transition. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
- Interest-Based Advertising. twilinge participates in interest-based (online behavior) advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie on your browser or a web beacon, to identify you on our Website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. You may see advertising on our Website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for twilinge products on other websites based on your browsing behavior across different websites.
- Other Third Parties. We may share your information with other third parties as we deem appropriate.
How We Secure Your Information
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we take reasonable and appropriate measures to help keep your information secure, and to help prevent it from becoming disclosed to people who we didn't mention in this policy. Even though we follow reasonable procedures to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we can't promise, and you shouldn't expect, that your information will be secure in all circumstances. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us.